Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We got Kendrick this:

http://ajpetsupplies.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/BPV1164.jpg

About a month ago. He hates it. I tried to put him 'near' it and he freaked out, now he literally has no interaction with it. My thought was that he would like it, maybe sit in it or sleep in it sometimes. So it's in the corner of his cage, facing outward so it's accessible. He isn't scared of it, but definitely doesn't 'use' it.

What are your opinions on snuggle huts for cockateils, do your teils use them? Any tips? Should I just take the thing out of the cage? lol.

Thanks! :D

Ps. My husband thinks I'm crazy for getting 'our son' this snuggle hut. haha

·
Registered
574 Posts
We tried one too - same reaction. My son pointed out that of course he's afraid of it, it's covered in fur.

If you do a search on this site, you'll find other posts about them - they're not recommended anyway.

·
Registered
5,635 Posts
Although they're often marketed to cockatiels, I don't think snuggle huts are really recommended for tiels. I would just take it out and get a nice rope perch or swing. :)

·
Registered
4,282 Posts
Tiels don't really use them, and IF they do it can make them hormonal/nesty. They are recommended more for other species like conures.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awesome. Thanks for the good advice! I think I will take it out tonight then; he really hates it. He has a swing and several toys but I think I'll add something else in the corner (maybe one of those shredding toys). :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts