Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 3-4 year old male cockatiel has had sneezing fits today. They started this morning very suddenly, he wasn’t sneezing yesterday.
After some food and water he seems a little better but is still having sneezing fits.
Those were the only symptoms he’s had, there was no odd colored discharge, no wheezing, his eyes, ears, and feathers are alright, and he still eats and drinks.
He’s still active and playful as well.
Maybe I’m overly worried, but I want to know if anyone could know what this means and what I should do about it.
If he develops other symptoms and/or gets worse we will be taking him to the vet.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have a similar issue! Ever since I got him (it's been 3 weeks now) he sneezes at least every day and sometimes even 5 times in a day. I am so worried! Please answer someone...!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello everyone. Unfortunately he passed away this morning. His symptoms quickly got worse and he eventually could not take it anymore.
Please watch your bird very carefully and try your best to take care of them the second you see symptoms of an illness.
RIP Echo, you were a good boy. <3

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hello everyone. Unfortunately he passed away this morning. His symptoms quickly got worse and he eventually could not take it anymore.
Please watch your bird very carefully and try your best to take care of them the second you see symptoms of an illness.
WAIT WHAT OH GOD PLEASE TELL ME WHAT OTHER SYMPTOMS HE HAD

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm so sorry for the loss of Echo 😔 He's going to be flying high over the rainbow Bridge with our many passed babies. I'm sorry to hear about the sudden sickness. Birds are so good at hiding it until it's too late. Happened with one of my budgies a few months ago, so I understand how sad it can be 😰

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm so sorry for the loss of Echo 😔 He's going to be flying high over the rainbow Bridge with our many passed babies. I'm sorry to hear about the sudden sickness. Birds are so good at hiding it until it's too late. Happened with one of my budgies a few months ago, so I understand how sad it can be 😰
Please help, my cockatiel sneezes a bunch too, no other symptoms, please, someone pay attention to my issue

·
Registered
23 Posts
Please help, my cockatiel sneezes a bunch too, no other symptoms, please, someone pay attention to my issue
I would suggest taking your baby to an Avian Vet just to be on the safe side. I'm no expert on Cockatiel health, so that is my best advice to you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts