Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've no idea where the fire is as I don't think it's on the dfes website, unless it's one very far way, but there's a strong smell of smoke. It's really stinks and I'm worried that the birds might get sick. Bit like the whole Canary in the coal mine scenario. Should I be very worried? The air LOOKS clear enough but it really stinks so I'm unsure. Is there anything I can do? I don't have an Air purifier..

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Not sure if you are still having smoke problems, I hope your birds are doing good. Most mine were still in town in a shed when we had our bush fire and I found out the smoke was so thick visibility was only like a metre in front of you. It's very surprising what our little friends can deal with. For the smoke from the other fires I gave the aviary birds regular hose offs through out the day and the inside ones we shut all windows and doors and had fans going.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks so much. They are doing fine, the smoke cleared after two days and it never got particularly bad. However we do get a few fires nearby on a semi regular basis so it's good to know for future :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts