Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. My daughter took on a cockatiel that had been rehomed a couple of times after it's original owner passed away we were told it's a male and is around 8yrs old. We saw today it has developed a hole in the beak where it connects to it's face, and is center between the nostrils. This bird is not mean but has been very reluctant to socialize. He is the only one in his very large cage. Seems good even with this new development. No drainage sneezes some but not in excess. Any idea's on why this developed? We have an appt with a vet but it is a ways out due to the large area we live in. Any ideas or answers are very appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
970 Posts
Hello - were you able to get to the vet for an exam? I can't see the problem clearly since the resolution of the pic is limited. I Please let us know how things went.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello - were you able to get to the vet for an exam? I can't see the problem clearly since the resolution of the pic is limited. I Please let us know how things went.
We were able to get him in. The small hole seems to be either from a toy or him when he was cleaning his nose. No infection at this point. Just make sure to keep his surroundings clean and apply antibiotic ointment if it looks to get inflamed or worse, is what we were told. He's still acting, eating, and drinking normal. The hole looks to be getting smaller. He actually came out of his cage and flew over to the bed to hang out with us the other day. Finally he's trusting his people and environment.

·
Registered
970 Posts
I'm glad to hear that he is ok and there is no infection. Hopefully it's something that just happened once that is not likely to repeat. Good news :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts