Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I was going thru pix's I found a cute one of some White-Backed mousebirds resting in their platform. The platforn was a wire platform and I attached the bottom of a cigar box to it and lined it with coco-fiber matting.

At night they would pile on top of each other and sleep....sometimes up to 10 at a time.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Soooooo much cute :love:

·
Registered
5,635 Posts
Thanks...They are cuties :) The blue-naped are the sweetest of all the species. I got mousebirds when I had to sell most of my tiels because of the reaction to their dander (collapsed a lung. Mousebirds don't produce dander. And they can easily become velcro birds.
Oh my! I guess/hope you are doing better now? I didn't realize dander could do that. I've never seen mousebirds before. They are really lovely. Are they native to Australia too?

·
Registered
5,635 Posts
Are they native to Australia too?
-----------------------------------------

They are native to Africa. If you look at my signature I have a website that has lots of info on mousebirds.
I looked at your website. They really are beautiful birds and your website is great.

·
Registered
4,598 Posts
Those babies are really adorable. I read your website a while back and I really want one. They are gorgeous birds!

·
Registered
9,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
111 Posts
awww lol i had never seen mousebirds before! theyre so cute... very long tails and gotta say hilarious punk crests ^^ Very nice and creative nest you got them!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts