Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our Hendrix is 1 year old and he's suddenly started fluffing up a lot and sleeping a lot. He is kept outside but because it's been getting cooler here of a night we have bought him in the last couple of nights but it hasn't changed the sleeping or the fluffing up. We will be taking him to the vet next week but until then we are still really worried about him. Any help would be appreciated ❤

·
Registered
I have normal greys, whiteface, pearl pieds, creamface cinnamons, and pearls.
673 Posts
Since you mentioned getting colder there he could be fluffing up to keep warm. When you bring him inside, I assume he's in a cage? If so, and you see him sitting on the bottom or in a corner, that's NOT a good sign. I'm glad to hear he's getting in to see the vet.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Since you mentioned getting colder there he could be fluffing up to keep warm. When you bring him inside, I assume he's in a cage? If so, and you see him sitting on the bottom or in a corner, that's NOT a good sign. I'm glad to hear he's getting in to see the vet.
Thank you for the reply!!

Yeah he's in a cage and he's not in the bottom of it. He seems to be eating properly but has become very quiet compared to how he was. When he's not eating he just kind of sits on his perch all fluffed up and sleeps.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I definitely recommend the vet check but in the mean time if you have the ability you can keep track of the temperature of the room he is in. Particularly if he's unwell he will benefit from a higher temp somewhere in the range of 23- 25 degrees Celsius.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.