Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am looking after 2 cockateils. A male and a female. I have noticed that the male is constantly fluffed up and is sleeping alot. I also noticed dark green poop around his vent that I have had to clean off. In between sleeping he is eating and is alert. I have been placing the cage right near a radiator and a heat lamp to keep him warm. Should I monitor him for a few days or should I get him to a vet straight away:unsure:? Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sleeping too much is indicative of sickness. I second the comment above. Take him to the vet.
Thank you for the advice, I took him to the vets and he is on antibiotics, milk thistle and I am syringe feeding him his food. Vet said he is underweight and he may have internal issues so taking him back soon to have tests done. In the mean time just alot of love and tlc and it will all be good! (y)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
He is definitely improving slowly but surely. He seems to be active and lively for half an hour and than he fluffs up and wants to sleep. I have placed a hot water bottle at the bottom of the cage which he does still go to which indicates to me he is still feeling poorly. Jack is seeing the vet soon to have some tests done and hopefully get some answers (y)thank you very much for asking about this lovely little boy 😁 wish he was mine

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hello there Jack. So adorable. I pray he'd be very well soon. Happy new year!
He is such a lovely boy, thank you for praying. Happy New year to u. I am still abit concerned though. He seemed alot better but now he is currently on the hot water bottle at the bottom of the cage🤔and he has not eaten this morning. I am still giving him antibiotics and milkthistle, have syringe fed him just to get something in him. Am thinking positive he will get through this! 🤞

1 - 9 of 9 Posts