Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Single female laying her second consecutive clutch

I've got a single female that's about 2 years and 8 months old.

She recently moved with me from my parent's house (and my sister's annoying budgie) to a new apartment she must've deemed extremely cosy as it took her just over a month to lay her first egg.

Well, a clutch of three later and now it's been three weeks, my plan was to remove the eggs this morning (as she's spent most of the last couple of days out with me and the girlfriend, just chillin' on our shoulders, although sitting on the eggs every now and again) and completely rearrange her cage, but the little rascal beat me to it and now there's four eggs in the cage.

Three old ones (the newest one exactly three weeks old) and one brand spankin' new one.

And she's sitting on all of them.

My question is, do I remove the old clutch or do I leave it and pretend they're part of this new clutch (so hopefully she'll be fooled and only lay a couple)?

Also, do I go ahead as planned and rearrange her cage, hopefully putting a stop to the madness?

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
Leave them. She might think she doesn't need to lay more since she has so many. Just play the waiting game. I'm doing it right now too. My girl laid her second egg the day before yesterday so egg three should be here today.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts