Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hai, just want to ask about Philiko...
I've got a water mister now, and I've been spraying her a bit with water, but I don't know whether she likes it or not! She doesn't really run away (Unless I spray her face accidentally) but just seems to tolerate it, sitting in one position.... although she doesn't seem to dislike it I don't know whether she enjoys it or not... Are there any signs of enjoyment I can look out for rwhen she is having a mist shower? :confused:I think I have heard of 'tiels dancing for you to wet them? Thanks.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I wouldn't really know because I take my tiels for a shower haha!
I can tell you that when they are in the shower, they will whistle -sneeze- whistle -sneeze- whistle........
Haha I can tell they like it by the whistling.. But it didn't start out like that!
At first they were hesitant and would stand on my finger like a statue! Second and so on times they started to put their heads into the water to let it flow down their back wings..
The first time for your bird getting a misting.. She probably doesn't know whether she likes it or not either haha!!
With routine, she'll grow to love it! :D

·
Registered
71 Posts
Oh another tip I use every now and again is the hairdryer!!!! (no heat of course)
They love it!!! After a shower about once a month I will dry them out instead of naturally drying them (will dry their skin if done to often though).
They will put their heads in the dryer and pretend they're flying haha!
You should give it ago! :)

·
Registered
8,164 Posts
Birds do a bath "dance" to get all their feathers wet. They will fluff up and spread their wings out and "bow" over a perch to one side or to the front. :) I'm sure there are many videos on youtube.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts