Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So there's a guy in my local parrot club who wants another bird off of me. Remember Bagwis, Abby and SPider? Yeah... he's the guy who adopted Bagwis. Well, he doesn't want to wait until the fall when my breeding pair might lay eggs. He wants to give me his friend's breeding pair, which are, according to him, ready to lay. Thing is, this means handling more than an acceptable amount of birds (I have six right now and my parents are already keeling over and I don't live in the same home as them). Plus Pionus parrots are apparently sensitive to cockatiel dander, so I have August's health to consider.

And this guy doesn't take no for an answer very well. He's approached me twice before about these birds.

I don't mind the attention, but This is an awkward position to be in! Siiiiiggghhhhhhhh...

·
Premium Member
19,909 Posts
Tell him straight up that the sudden change in environment would knock his birds out of breeding mode so fast his head would spin and he wouldn't get a baby til fall anyways. Then mention that you are at full capacity for the amount of birds you have and state that if he doesn't quit bothering you that you will block him.

Trust me, no need to be nice when you're being harassed.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! I hadn't considered the change of environment knocking them out of breeding mode. I should have realized that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts