Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help
I’m possibly over thinking things or not I’m not sure.
Today Donald is not himself. He’s eating and drinking but has vomited/regurgitated three times. Twice in quick succession and the third about an hour or two later. He’s fine after but has seemed very tired and I managed to gently grab him with ease and I can feel his pectoral bone where I never used to.
I need to point out that we recently lost his partner Daisy and we’re trying to get back on track. As of this moment he is acting very normally but I am watching like a hawk. My vets doesn’t open till Monday and the emergency ones don’t cater for birds. I’ve had a video appointment and they couldn’t help.
any ideas from anyone.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My idea is to make sure they aren’t eating anything out of their diet or anything that could cause them harm they possible could be regurgitation for you as in trying to feed you/ care for you. But other wise I would definitely take them to the vet ASAP make sure that they don’t fly to much and make sure to give them tons of attention and watching

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I should’ve updated this. I stayed with him for the rest of the evening and he completely settled down. No more vomit/ regurgitation and his energy levels picked up. Sunday he was a completely normal. Usual behaviours, eating fine.
I did remember I’ve started to grind down some Harrison’s pellets as he wasn’t eating them and so far it’s worked. So it of been because there was something different in his food. But we are in a much better place with less worries

·
Registered
9 Posts
I’m so glad! Make sure to slowly put new foods or foods they don’t eat slowly. Again I’m very happy your bird is now okay :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts