Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

Registered
My older one was really really calm when I got him (I think its a her but I'm just gonna go with him馃槀) home and I was expecting something similar with the new bird. Turned out that the new bird is extremely playful and vocal she keeps making different sounds which my old cockatiel never made. She doesn't know how to step on a finger or hand yet but she's learning. She is more welcoming to toys than my older one but she doesn't really like my hand being around her and nibs it until I take it away. My older cockatiel was soooo easy to deal with I thought having a flock of 10-20 cockatiels wouldn't be a problem 馃槀馃槀馃槀

My 5 month old is a little nippy too. But, she doesn't bite . Just nibbles. She likes playing gotcha Beak. Older cockatiel sometimes loses interest. But every bird has their own unique personalities.

Registered
Discussion Starter #22
My 5 month old is a little nippy too. But, she doesn't bite . Just nibbles. She likes playing gotcha Beak. Older cockatiel sometimes loses interest. But every bird has their own unique personalities.
My old one is really well mannered, if I take my finger to his mouth he gets his tongue out and touches it and I take that as him kissing me 馃槀 he does that to my cheeks and lips too! Looking at him do that my new one learned it too. the old one just came to for a head scritch 馃挀馃槀

Registered
My old one is really well mannered, if I take my finger to his mouth he gets his tongue out and touches it and I take that as him kissing me 馃槀 he does that to my cheeks and lips too! Looking at him do that my new one learned it too. the old one just came to for a head scritch 馃挀馃槀

Cockatiels are truly lovable living beings. I had parakeets before and more likely i love all birds.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts