Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my baby boy fez (tiel) for about 18 months now and we have never had any issues with him. We got him when he was only 7 weeks old and he was showered with attention when we were in lockdown. In Australia, things are back to normal which means that he had to adjust to a lot more alone time and he got very lonely.
We decided to adopt Jackie about 4 months ago, and she is currently two years old. The pervious owner said she was lovely and affectionate but failed to mention Jackie's gender bias. Jackie absolutely hates girls and as the soul carer for both the birds, and being a girl this makes it slightly difficult. Jackie is an excellent flier and flies away from me whenwever i come near. i have tried talking to her and coaxing her with treats but nothing seems to work. Jackie has never had her wings clipped but i am considering it whilst she gets over her gender bias, bonds with me and then i will let her wings grow back. Is this cruel or harmful to my baby girl?

·
Registered
I have normal greys, whiteface, pearl pieds, creamface cinnamons, and pearls.
673 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Wing clipping is not cruel or harmful as long as it's done PROPERLY. Now keep in mind this is a birds defense by flying away from what they perceive is danger. If you have cats or dogs in the house I would recommend keeping a CLOSE eye on the bird if you clip and it is out of the cage. I personally don't like clipping wings but I have had occasions where there was no other choice. Again, if your not familiar with clipping, let someone that is do it.
Robert

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.