Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hve a Avisun light for Bennie. I have always turned it on about 7 AM, then off about 5 PM. He is in the same room with me, so there always is light in the room even after I turn his light off. We recently went back to Standard time after being on Daylight Savings Time all summer. So, it is dark outside by 5 PM. My question is, Bennie does not want to come out of his cage once the light goes off. In summer of course, the room is much lighter even without his light. Should I leave his light on longer? I did leave it on a little longer last evening, but he still stayed in his cage. He is right beside a window, so he can see it is dark outside.

·
Premium Member
19,909 Posts
If he puts himself to bed that's great. As long as he's happy. If you feel he needs more up time, you can leave the light on if you want.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Roxy, I appreciate that. Bennie has not shown signs of being hormonal yet, and I know day length has a lot to do with that. That is why I limit the time the "sun" light in on. I did leave the light on about an hour longer last evening and he still stayed in his cage once it got dark outside. He seems perfectly content to stay in there, even with the door wide open, so I don't try to force the issue, even though I'd like him to be out with me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts