Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Buttercup is moulting and has lost some weight. Still monitoring and deciding if the weight loss is normal and case by a heavy first moult. Anyway! She just did a shiny poop. Looked glossy for lack of better term. No idea what that means! Anyone know?

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
If that kind of dropping continues for a while it could indicate something is wrong. But it is probably just something she ate or she just digested it a little too well. I've had a few of those with Kiwi, I see them once in a while when she hasn't eaten for a little while because she's been hanging out outside her cage. :)

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Buttercup is moulting and has lost some weight. Still monitoring and deciding if the weight loss is normal and case by a heavy first moult. Anyway! She just did a shiny poop. Looked glossy for lack of better term. No idea what that means! Anyone know?
Rocko is moulting and hes gaining wait because cockatiels are usually less active when moulting there is a moulting tonic medicine for heavy moults its called Johnson's veterinary Moulting tonic but you should ask your vet first if you should use it when I had budgies they had a heavy moult and it worked great and helped the moult end faster.I think im gonna get another bottle of it and use it for Rocko hes moulting badly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts