Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the birds wings have been for 3 weeks now and she keep trying to fly down to 3 tail feathers now ...not good .... need some help what going on ??? she will ever stop jump off her cage or my shoulder... she is now laying eggs for me now on the bottom of her cage she has one so far should get another today she has no mate and is not setting on it ... she is not eating the cuttlebone or mineral block what should i do ????
thank for your time..
swimmingfree

·
Registered
150 Posts
This is a tough situation.

Advice is you would leave her wings grow out and leave her in her cage for at least now. You must understand how she feels. See she does not know why now she can't fly and is super upset. She keeps flying because she cannot believe she won't take off and she can't rise. Letting her come out for at least weeks is not a good idea. If you let her out and she keeps hurting herself she will get herself too hipper if she keep thinking about it. You must let her calm down, i had a similar situation once. You got to let them rest and just realize that at the moment they will not fly.

So here is your mission:
Let the wings grow
Leave her in her cage for at least a few weeks
Take it slow like you just got her
Support the bird with calm speech
Give her treats in her cage.

YOU MUST DO THIS!!!----- You must scrape cuddlebone in her food, don't over pile it but this will get some in her, she needs that desperately right now. Do this everyday.

Keep her out of dark rooms or corners, more sleep for her.

Read thishttp://www.cockatielcottage.net/egg_laying.html to help more with the egg situation. Please feel free to write in my profile how things are going or if you need more help.

Love from me and Chicken

~Skye

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I would not take her out while she is laying eggs, if she is trying to fly and crashing when she has an egg in her it could break the egg and that could have major repercussions! It is a very serious condition.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
grate input guys thank (big smile)
the last fue days been crazy here ...she has not lay another egg and i do not feel a egg back there so thats good ... as for the flying thing her cage is a little small thats why her cage is open all day... as for her wings next time ill do 3 instead of 5 so she dose not hid the flood so hard ... i may fine something so she can clime down from her cage to the floor and see if that helps some..
thanks guys ...
swimmingfree

·
Registered
150 Posts
Well its good your trying to work with her. Remember that no matter what, she needs to not hurt herself. And sometimes online you can find really great deals on big cages. On ebay i got a huge white cage for only $80! It was a steal:cool: Don't forget that patience is the key!

Hope things go well,

~Skye

1 - 6 of 6 Posts