Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
please meet Gabriella (named by my daughter)

she is very tame, the breeder (john) got her out, i stroked her she went on my hand, she then flew away from her cage as i put her in and landed on john's head lol,

few things, she like my bands they are cotton she has frayed them lol, and she likes my glasses lol, she picks at her food she doesnt seem to be eating the sun flower seeds ?

sorry i know i am probably worrying too much and saying to much, but i love her to bits

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
She's a cutie! If she just got to your house and she's eating that's a good sign. Some birds don't eat for a while. Sometimes as much as two days! Do you have any Millet for her? They love that. Keep trying to offer veggies. As young as she is she is bound to be adventurous! Congrats!!!

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you :D

she is very friendly, and is understanding "up" i think because she is still young she hasn't go the hang of it yet, sometimes misses bless her tho very friendly,

i am now in love but they way she is going through the food i will be buying more, yep she has millet

one thing i will praise the breeder for is checking the cage and he pointed out that she likes a big bowl of water like what her seed is on not a funny one, he did say she might take to it,

there claws are very sharp lol, got scratches where she has clung on

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Sounds like you're doing great! Don't be surprised if she takes a bath in her water. If it's a big bowl she probably will! They also enjoy a little mist from a sprayer. I don't know if you do that with your budgies but 'tiels are very dusty birds. After having a few in my bedroom years ago I decided that all the dust in the world must come from Cockatiels!

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
She's a cute 'tiel. :) Do you know how old she is?

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
she is only a few weeks, i dont know how long you weene them for, but she young enough to be rehomed so i woudl say she round about what ever that age is lol,

very playfull loves her rope toys i might put shoe laces in there too just so she can can unknot them :D she is soo playfull

thank you for your comments and dont worry i wil be asking loads of questions i allready have a funny story :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.