Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I have been sleeping alot as I am not feeling well. Mojo woke me up with her awful crying noise and when I looked over Chiclet was in the seed catcher on the outside of the cage. I went and rescued her, put her back in the cage and within minutes Chiclet was back in the doorway of the cage. She fell out again but quickly figured out how to get back up into the doorway. She has also figured out how to climb upto the high perch! Mojo is really mad cuz she can't reach Chiclet and will just sit there and cry for her to come down. This morning though I caught Mojo half way up the ladder, so she will be with Chiclet soon enough. Oh and yesterday they turned 4 weeks and 5 weeks, and down to 3 feedings a day. They eat their pellets and millet in between feedings. Chiclet has munched on some veggies too.

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
aww sorry to hear your not feeling well, Chiclet and mojo are doing so good won't be long before there flying around like big girls :)

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.

I think I will let them fly once and then clip their wings. I've got 2 human kids that don't shut the outside doors fast enough, sometimes not at all, so it would be safer if I kept their wings clipped. And besides, I take them for car rides and shopping..hehe

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Glad to hear your babies are doing well - Chiclet seems as though shes going to be a little character!
P.S - hope you feel better soon ;)

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
I know that I am constantly saying shut the doors watch for the birds, All three of mine are clipped but Georgie and Ollie can still fly I might have to get them clipped again soon, Minnie can still fly she just can't get much lift :)

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Awww...It must be a relief to have them down to only 3 feeding a day! Your babies are really growing up!:) My budgies are all flighted but the tiels aren't since they go out with me shopping, for car rides and errands.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just finshed their supper feeding. I always take mojo to the couch and feed her first as Chiclet doesn't beg for food anymore but mojo does. As I am feeding Mojo, Chiclet found the door, then hopped on the edge of the seed catcher and jumped (with her wings flapping) to the the floor. She made her way to the couch and sat on my foot waiting patiently for her supper.

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
They're growing so quickly! :D Let them fly properly for a good week or two. They need to build up their breast and wing muscles before they're clipped.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts