Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had Star since nov. 07 she came with the other rescues

and she's never made a single peep not a chirp nothing

then a couple weeks ago I was starting to think She was a quiet he - I could of sworn she made a very low wolf whistle but All the birds would bieng noisey and there was a couple tiels were by my head

But tonight while i was in the bird room Star walked from one end of the cages all the way over to the play gym hid behind a part of it and just started bieng noisey - this time I knew it was her for 2 reasons , 1 i was watching her 2 she was the only tiel making a noise, the rest were either eating or sleeping

she's at the start of the video her part of bieng noisy is short But loud, You can hear her over the budgies

I know most ppl will think this isn't something to be excited about but just the day before yesterday she was eating an Avi cake OUT OF MY HAND! she never got that close to me before or let me get that close to her

She actually came running to me when I was sittin on the bird room floor opening the avi cakes up and NOW she's making noises

So for our household this is an exciting time :blush:

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol maybe that's it now for Goldie and shyanne to see i'm not a bad person

Goldie does preen my hair any chance she gets when i'm leaning over cages but that is the extent of that

shyanne runs from me LOL

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
she made a little bit of noise this morning, when i was done watering them, I was standing in the door way and told them I was all done I'd come back in a little bit and sit with them, and star started her noisey stuff, I don't really know what to call it, it doesn't seem like a contact call, I've heard that From Lily and Pearl many times specially Lily when I would bring her to the living room

and with Nibbles and baby when they weren't together when we first got them it doesn't sound nothing like those 4

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Tiels sure are confusing at times its hard to say if its a she or he, as you know there are females that do make noise and some males that are quieter my female Minnie made noise from day one she would chatter and make all kinds of different noises and wolf whistle quite loud and just as good as Ollie but she is definitely a female and Hollie who I am still debating..lol was quiet for 4 1/2 months not one peep out of her then all of a sudden she starts singing tunes, wolf whistling beak banging saying pretty boy etc etc.... it came out of no where and we were positive she was a girl so you just never know :p

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Star is a cutie, and yes she is getting loud. Glad to hear she is getting tamer and more comfortable with you. :)

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Star is a cutie, and yes she is getting loud. Glad to hear she is getting tamer and more comfortable with you. :)
hehe the ladder gets me everytime every tiel that climbs on it does it that way , while the budgies normally walk up and down it correctly

when i played the video back after putting it on the computer, I was glad to hear i heard star over the budgies beside me LOL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.