Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Draco has decided that if I'm eating then he wants to try it. Not in a normal way of trying the food in my hand but licking my lip to have a taste.

Please excuse the state I look in the video. It had been a very long day lol

https://youtu.be/Ba9vgzCtIMI

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
share your food woman

That is cute! I hope he's not expecting you to regurgitate food for him like they do for their chicks! LOL Bennie likes to share my food, but from my plate or bowl, in the case of "Cheerios", one of his favorites.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is cute! I hope he's not expecting you to regurgitate food for him like they do for their chicks! LOL Bennie likes to share my food, but from my plate or bowl, in the case of "Cheerios", one of his favorites.
He's only just started doing it. As soon as he sees me put food in my mouth he's there licking me. He's started nibbling in my nose and down my ear too. He cleans me rather than his lady friend. He just lets her scratch his head n when she wants on back he bites her lol but me he will sit and nibble on me for 10-30 mins at a time. X

·
Premium Member
6,217 Posts
Draco is much more patient than my tiel. Mine tries to stick his entire head into my mouth if I'm eating :wacko:

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Adorable! :D Joey doesn't do that, but only investigates to the point of nearly falling off the back of the couch onto me, to see what I am eating. He only does it with a bowl and spoon, never a plate and fork or a bowl and fork. Maybe because we rarely sit back on the couch to eat actual meals, so he gets less chances to see a plate and fork?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Yeah, aren't they rude? My Quaker and green cheek conure do this, right off of my spoon, lips, wherever while I'm eating...

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
My boy does it too, in particular with pizza. He has an incredible good nose for pizza and literally darts through the room to land on my chest and steal pizza from my mouth.
Last time in particular he was so annoying I could hardly eat my pizza... :rofl:

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Today Joey decided to try to fly into my face to steal a cracker, but he didn't get it. It was comical because he was only a foot from my face, sitting on the back of the couch, but flew a few feet away and back to get there from a better angle.

He'd had a very tiny bit of pretzel cracker last night, so I wouldn't allow him any today. If it wasn't for the salt I'd let him have them more often, but I only give him the the tiniest bit every couple of weeks.

I suppose I need to find him some unsalted ones so he can have them more often. Usually I can distract him with pellets, but today was one of his persistent days. :D

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Here in Australia there are flies in summer and he really reminds me of a fly with his persistence in wanting to get on and into my mouth sometimes. :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
He's took it further. He now shoves his beak all the way up my nose doin god knows what but what ever it is he taps his beak together as if to say yum yum yum. I stretch my face up to try and get away and he jumps to get to it. I don't know if he thinks my nose is my beak n he wants me to feed him or what all I know is my nose is sore and I don't dare eat anything because he'll be down trying to eat it. One way of dieting I suppose lol

·
Registered
115 Posts
Today my hormonal Quaker flew onto my shoulder as soon as he heard the microwave go off...I got one of those microwavable plastic bowl things to make ramen in. He actually stole several noodles right out of my mouth. He would nip my lip while I was chewing, I'd open my mouth to tell him no, and he'd grab a noodle and take it down my back and eat it. I finally just gave up...

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Well, it could be a good way to make them eat veggies sometimes. I was eating a carrot a few minutes ago and he tried to get into my mouth as usual, although he quickly backed off in disgust. He could get used to it though... :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts