Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm not sure if this is the right thread for this if it is I apologize.
I have 5 tiles and I've had a hard time sexing them.
The one on the right I think is a male, then my dove, I'm not 100% sure on the two Whiteface pied but I think the white one on the left is a female and the one on the right is a male. The one right after the white faces I think is a female for the dots under her wings but this recent moult brought yellow and grey times to get face. The one on the Far-right, I thought was a male but was unsure.
Anything helps, I'm sorry for the picture it was the only one I could catch of them.
Thank you all.
Wood Floor Flooring Rectangle Grass

·
Registered
288 Posts
Unfortunately, the picture is too small, and I can't zoom up on it. Is there any way you could blow up the picture so it is bigger?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[If its still too blurry I can try to get a better-focused one tomorrow, I've tried to enlarge them separately.
Bird Screenshot Grass Font Games
Bird Beak Feather Grass Tail

Cockatoo Rabbits and Hares Rice Feather Beak

Beak Fawn Wood Window Tail

Bird Beak Cockatiel Feather Fin

·
Registered
288 Posts
It's definitely better; thanks! If it is possible to get separate pictures though, that would be great. First of all, do you know the age of any of them? For the first pic, visually sexing a pied is the hardest to do. Depending on the age, you could probably tell by how he/she acts, and that could determine what he/she is. Otherwise, I would just DNA him/her just to make sure. For the second and third pictures, are they both whiteface pied? If so, I would just DNA them as well since they have pied. In the fourth pic, he/she is another pied so a DNA test would be best. And for the last pic, that is for sure a male since normal grey females don't have bright yellow faces. Sorry if I wasn't too much of a help, but I find the pied mutations are the hardest to tell. I can insert a link for you about pied cockatiels, and you can see if you can find anything interesting from there if you want.
Chapter 10 – COCKATIEL MUTATIONS, A Bounty of Color

1 - 4 of 4 Posts