Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How am I supposed to Recall train Rocko if he listens to me and comes to my hand and then sometimes he just ingores me and sits there.What I do is he sits on the back of a chair and I put my hand out and say Come here Rocko and he comes but then sometimes he sits there for ages and wont come is he just plain lazy he does every other trick he knows just fine what am I doing wrong? I have been practicing this for weeks and we are still not that far away from each other im like 3 steps away from him only enough that he hops to get to me.

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I think hes scared to fly hes a bird he should be able for this hes smart he learns very quickly but this I think its a fear of flying.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Start small and stay small until he's ready. :) You need to go at his pace.
Hops are a good start, but don't raise criteria by adding distance too soon for him.

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Start small and stay small until he's ready. :) You need to go at his pace.
Hops are a good start, but don't raise criteria by adding distance too soon for him.
Its not just that sometimes he wont hop and just looks at me and we are still at hopping for weeks now and I am staying small but sometimes he wont do even small hops.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts