Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would you do? So Baby and Ziggy have been spending alot of time in the same cage but I am still not sure if I should house them together. She tends to get hissy at times if he is bugging her or in her space but otherwise they get along fine. Right now she's in his cage and he's in hers (their cages are open all day)..This afternoon they took a nap in Baby's cage...I wish I could ask them..Baby's had her own place for over 3 years and I don't want her to think I'm forcing Ziggy on her..just not sure what to do. Their cages are identical and they go back and forth all day....Should I just leave it as is or remove Ziggy's and move him in?:confused:

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh how I wish they could talk! I don't really mind having an extra cage to clean since the tiels barely make a mess in the cage like the budgies-it's ussually on the floor though...hehe. They also like the perches on their door-they hang there alot...but then again they go back and forth-right now they're sharing a piece of millet in Baby's cage...

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
I say put them together!! :D You're cages are nice and spacious so they'll be able to move away from each other. Cookie gets hissy with Bailee all the time, but nothing a bit of space doesn't fix. I think they would like to be cage mates.

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, tonight I put them in their own cages and this was the result.

So I put Ziggy with Baby again -she hissed at him, moved to the opposite side of the same perch..and now they've gone to sleep together..girls..

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
LOL!!! They may not be able to talk, but doesn't that picture just say it all. :p I think they definitely want to share a cage.

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
I agree with Bea let them stay together, they all get hissy with each other at times as long as there is no fighting which there doesn't seem to be I see no problems with it, looks like they enjoy each others company :p

·
Registered
215 Posts
I'm still a little new to tiel intros, but I'd also say let them live together. I had 2, and then got 2 recently, and they all paired up pretty easily. Usually they each choose their own stick to sit on, but they all share millet, so they're fine I think. Sometimes they do want their own space I've noticed but as long as the cage has a corner for them each, and different sticks- I'm sure they'll be fine.

When I got Birdie from the bird rescue, they told me that when they both purched together like in your picture- that it means they're ready to live together.

·
Registered
9,464 Posts
Well, tonight I put them in their own cages and this was the result.

So I put Ziggy with Baby again -she hissed at him, moved to the opposite side of the same perch..and now they've gone to sleep together..girls..
Well it looks like they made their decision :p I say pack up Ziggy's food dish and get him ready to move in :D

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yup, I think so too. I'll do it by the end of the week! It'll be so nice to only have two cages to clean!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts