Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody I would be getting an alarm sensor pretty soon for my doors and windows.I have a cockatiel and a dog at home.Would there be any chance of a false alarm since I have pets at home.I am not much worried about the dog he stays put but Lulu likes flying around the house all the time.Would that be an issue?The problem is I already got a quote from a home security monitoring service based in Toronto called Canadian security professionals.Should I go ahead with it or look for any other alternative?

·
Registered
878 Posts
Motion detection sensors sense movement within a room - I wouldn't get them in a household with pets. Sensors that connect to each door or window generally trigger when someone opens the door/window and would not be sensitive to movement of animals in the house. Some sensors like those for patio or sliding glass doors can have a microphone that detects glass breakage but could possibly be set off if a pet whacks into the glass without damaging it. These are examples - there are other sensors that are used, too.
You have to make your concerns about movement of the pets known to the company giving you the installation quote so they can select the right sensors for you, otherwise you may end up having false alarms which can result in fines and eventually no police response.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts