Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Taco has been with us 3 weeks now and today we sure noticed she is showing her personality more. She is playing with toys in her cage and mouthing and pecking at everything while on our coffee table. She also knows how to ask for our help now as she is not comfortable climbing back in her cage yet, so she will wave one claw in the air and when we move our hand towards her she pulls it closer with her beak and climbs on. She gets feisty now too and shows us when she's had enough by fanning her tail and biting, but she doesn't bite hard at all, just a threat really. Before, I used to jerk my hand away when she pecked, but now I just let her because I know she won't peck hard (although, that might change too in time :-0. Still very quiet. Loves her head/neck scratches. If she gets anymore feisty, i would guess she's approaching adolescents.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. She's adorable. My 10-year-old loves her. She can be a little grouchy at times and not afraid to tell us to quit bugging her. She used to step up everytime, but now when she doesn't want to do it, she'll let you know. I am trying not to back down, but sometimes I realize that she just wants to rest.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Keep working with them and offering treats and such. It won't happen over night but sometimes birds WILL surprise you at what they will let you do.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts