Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I saw an advert on a advertising site on the web about aviary reared cockatiels. I was originally hoping for a hand reared but I was so tempted so I phoned. She said that she had three left - a pied, a grey and something else I didnt hear because the budgies were being so noisy in my ear!! :p Anyway she sounded very nice and I am seeing them tomorrow at 4pm!! Maybe to reserve one. :D

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Goodluck! Don't be set on handfed- none of mine are handfed and they turned out to be LOVELY TAME babies! Even the budgies!

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I reserved one!! yay!! A grey with a pied marking on his/her back and the most beautiful tail. S/he just stood out to me sooo much, I don't know why... Anyway I can pick him/her up any time as it is 9 weeks old. I still need a cage though, there was one I was watching on ebay and it looked perfect, maybe thats the one! :D

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
I reserved one!! yay!! A grey with a pied marking on his/her back and the most beautiful tail. S/he just stood out to me sooo much, I don't know why... Anyway I can pick him/her up any time as it is 9 weeks old. I still need a cage though, there was one I was watching on ebay and it looked perfect, maybe thats the one! :D
YAY!!! I am so happy for you Rosie I knew you wouldn't leave without finding one...hehe :D I hope you get to bring your baby home soon and post lots of pic's of him/her :)

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Laura and Plukie! :D I couldn't resist him/her!!

The cage I am hoping to get is ending tomorrow on ebay. :)

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks Aly, I think I just missed you whilst I was posting my previous post lol!
I have not a clue on names, I not really sure on the sex of it yet hehe! I think I will get it home first and then name him/her!! :D

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
I'm really happy for you. It's good that you have some self control. I'd be going to a million stores to get that cage so the baby can come home TODAY! lol

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks everyone!! I can't wait!! :D
The cage is ending in 1 1/2 hours, and next day delivery!!

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Thanks everyone!! I can't wait!! :D
The cage is ending in 1 1/2 hours, and next day delivery!!
About time Rosie! Better hurry and gets some toys, perches, food and water cups- acctually you should just go get the tiel now! You must have an empty cage somewhere! lol

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Looking at it now.

EDIT:

The barspacing is bordeline and I say it is a bit small and it's not really a matter of how much time outside he'll have but the fact that when he is inside he'll need the room. They have REALLY long tails, esspecially when they mature and a decent size wingspan. You want to have perches in there and not worry about how many times they bump their tail or wings against something. Have you checked out any local stores? I was going to order mine online too when I found a really good deal and a great cage at a store here.

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Rosie have your tried any local petstores for cages, I found for me looking around at them gave me a better idea then looking online, then again I am not good with measurements so looking online didn't help me ...lol :p

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.