Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rocko is turning into a seed junkie hes not eating his pellets or any vegetables only the seed how can I stop him from turning.

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
What type of pellets do you feed him? With my 'tiels, I found that I had to try a few brands before they would eat them properly. You could always get some Lafeber's products (if they're available in your area), I've heard most 'tiels love them and even their seed-based foods are as nutritionally complete as pellets.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
I have three kinds of pellets on the go. I mix a scoop each of two different kinds in with Joey's seeds, and rotate which two go in, for variety. Have you tried shredding or finely dicing veggies in with his seeds, so they are the same size as the seeds? I had to start Joey out that way, and still do it to introduce new veggies.

·
Registered
92 Posts
i find if i separate the pellets from the seeds i got better results with mine. When i mixed them they just pick out the seeds and ignore the pellets. But if i have pellets in a separate feeder they will go and eat those when they are done with seeds, or when the seeds run out (most likely when the seeds run out)

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What type of pellets do you feed him? With my 'tiels, I found that I had to try a few brands before they would eat them properly. You could always get some Lafeber's products (if they're available in your area), I've heard most 'tiels love them and even their seed-based foods are as nutritionally complete as pellets.
He gets the beaphar pellets and hes already used to them hes been eating them since I got him just now he stopped for some reason.

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i find if i separate the pellets from the seeds i got better results with mine. When i mixed them they just pick out the seeds and ignore the pellets. But if i have pellets in a separate feeder they will go and eat those when they are done with seeds, or when the seeds run out (most likely when the seeds run out)
He has two seperate bowls

1 - 7 of 7 Posts