Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, everyone. Hope you’re well. This year for the annual science fair held at my school I decided I’m going to do an experiment with parrots. My idea was to determine their intelligence based off of three activities that include memory, cognition and problem-solving. For the memory activity I thought I’d had three cups, place a treat under one of them and switch the cup around maybe once or twice. Then I’ll see how long it takes for a cockatiel or budgie (those are the only two types of parrots in my household) to figure it out, if they do. I need two other tasks for cognition and problem solving. Any ideas? I’m going to do the experiment with all of the birds and then see what type of bird figures out the task the quickest. Since this experiment so far is only on cockatiels and budgies, on my Instagram (the_cockagies), I’m going to ask my followers and friends to do the same experiment on their feathered friends. There are so many types: conures, macaws, cockatoos, greys and more! Then I’m going to see if age, gender and type contributes to certain tasks. In addition to that, I’m going to give the same activities to toddlers (aged 2-5) to do. The. I’m going to compare it. Please leave any suggestions! And, if you’d like to help me and do the same activities with the parrots you live with, that’d be great! More cockatiels and budgies are just as welcome as age, mutation and gender will be a great addition to add to the report. Let me know what you guys think. Thank you so much!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts