Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my tiel today!!! And she's beautiful! I actually don't know if its a he or she....but very very pretty:love:. She is fine out of the cage, already bonded with both my boyfriend and I, she runs right over to us and hops onto us!!! But he/she is very quiet in the cage, and not very interested in looking around. I know she needs to get used to a new environment, but is this normal?? He/she is 9 weeks old, and chirps outside of the cage (it took a little for her to do this) but in the cage she stays still and just sleeps. Any help would be appreciated, I'm a nervous new mommy!!!

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
It could very well be that she's not used to a smaller cage. I don't know what she was in before but it usually takes them at least a couple of days to adjust to new surroundings. Don't worry, it sounds like she's pretty comfortable with you. That's half the battle. Make sure you leave a night light on for her.

·
Registered
9,464 Posts
Sounds like she is just getting use to her new home. It can take a while for them to get use to everything. If she is still sleeping all the time in a few days you could always take her to an avain vet for a check up but I would not worry too much yet :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts