Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My extremely tame cockatiel will not let me anywhere near him now. He was hanging out on me and bit under my chin. Took me by surprise and was very painful. I reacted without think and pushed him away with the back of my hand. I did this gently and did not hurt him. He got really bad hissed and screamed at me and now he won't let me touch him. What should I do to gain his trust back? Will he get over this or have I just ruined our bond? I hand fed him and we are really close

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
I would feed him treats by hand to remind him that all good things come from your fingers. By the sounds of it he was spooked. He should come back to you with some lov'n :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was so worries...this morning it was like nothing had happened. He serenaded me this morning like he always does

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Yaaaaay! All is forgiven! **hugs** :D

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
Cockatiels are very forgiving :) glad he is back to normal!

·
Registered
1 Posts
My extremely tame cockatiel will not let me anywhere near him now. He was hanging out on me and bit under my chin. Took me by surprise and was very painful. I reacted without think about best weight loss aids available otc and pushed him away with the back of my hand. I found did this gently and did not hurt him. He got really bad hissed and screamed at me and now he won't let me touch him. What should I do to gain his trust back? Will he get over this or have I just ruined our bond? I hand fed him and we are really close

You should feed him and give treat him gently. This will make his mood good. please do not scream at him again otherwise your bond will get bad again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My extremely tame cockatiel will not let me anywhere near him now. He was hanging out on me and bit under my chin. Took me by surprised with phen375 results and was very painful. I reacted without think and pushed him away with the back of my hand. I did this gently and did not hurt him. He got really bad hissed and screamed at me and now he won't let me touch him. What should I do to gain his trust back? Will he get over this or have I just ruined our bond? I hand fed him and we are really close

Sent from my LG-K5250 using Tapsatalk
If Ford truly has a cornerstone automobile, it's the Mustang. One could, of course, reason the Model T, or even Thunderbird, as more suitable candidates

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was so worries...this morning it was like nothing had happened. He serenaded me this morning like he always does

I want to start hand taming him but he gives me the beak every time I try to touch him. But still eats from my hand without fear.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts