Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There was this man with a beautiful Macaw in Whole Foods today and it was screaming its head off.... boy are they freakin loud!! I am shocked he didn't get thrown out. I was just thinking the people who were shopping and didn't actually see where the noise was coming from probably thought it was someone's baby possessed by demons LOL.

... but if I see someone walking around with this bird on their shoulders I am going to run away screaming... what type of bird is that and how much does it weigh? It would probably EAT my tiel....

Attachments

·
Registered
761 Posts
That badboy is an African martial eagle, Juliet! I'm pretty sure of it because happens to be the largest bird of prey in the world and thus has celebrity status amongst birdwatching geeks :p If I saw one in person I would be over the moon - if Murray was well out of the way of course! According to wikipedia it weighs 3–6.2 kg (6.6–13.7 lb)!

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OMG.... flying Raptor indeed. With those claws it has... it certainly looks deadly. Cool looking creature but I don't think I'd want to be left alone with it.

13lbs? It weighs a lot more than my dog did and I just read it eats other birds. Okay, that bird is now on my s***t list lol.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I was thinking it was a martial eagle, too, but it's head looks different. Unless the little tufts are just laid down.

we have a lot of raptors here. they can swoop up little dogs right out of your backyard. gotta be careful with having pets out unsupervised.

·
Registered
183 Posts
That bird is huge! In a mountain town my mother in law used to go there are eagles and it's scary!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts