Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I put my budgies and cockatiel outside for a sunbath, but forgot to lock their cages. When I looked out, the birds were sitting calmly on top of their cages, they looked at me like 'can we come in now?'.

I guess they like living with me. This isn't the 1st time I accidentally opened escape route for them, but I never learnt my lesson because my birds never attempted to fly away XD.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Great to hear your bird not flying away. Your birds must be very happy living with you.

Here are some my interesting experiences with my cockatiels:
I had more than one times, I forgot to lock cage door , left door agar, and left for work. By the time I came home, I realized I did lock the cage door, and I looked at the cage , all my birds were still in cage. I was quite happy I was thinking, they are not smart enough did find way out. I realized I was total wrong until I review my bird camera. They found way out quickly, and spending most time hanging around at the top of cage , they came back into cage for food then, went back to cage top. They only went back to cage before room getting too dark. Of course, by the time I coming home, they were all in cage and pretending to be" innocent". I was quite amazed by how smart they are.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Great to hear your bird not flying away. Your birds must be very happy living with you.

Here are some my interesting experiences with my cockatiels:
I had more than one times, I forgot to lock cage door , left door agar, and left for work. By the time I came home, I realized I did lock the cage door, and I looked at the cage , all my birds were still in cage. I was quite happy I was thinking, they are not smart enough did find way out. I realized I was total wrong until I review my bird camera. They found way out quickly, and spending most time hanging around at the top of cage , they came back into cage for food then, went back to cage top. They only went back to cage before room getting too dark. Of course, by the time I coming home, they were all in cage and pretending to be" innocent". I was quite amazed by how smart they are.
Oh I wish my birds can get back in like yours XD. My heart literally stopped when I saw my birds out their cage with open sky above their heads.

One time I wasn't at home, a housesitter was in charge. My birds were in outdoor cage again. I didn't warn my housesitter to be careful with the birds, so it was kinda my fault, she was a housesitter not pet sitter.
She opened my cockatiel cage (kinda wide) to refill the food, and boom, my bird flew out of the cage. She circled the garden about 2 times before flying back inside her cage.
When I got home, my housesitter looked like her life just flashed before her eyes. She could pretend like nothing happened but she told me the truth anyway.

·
Registered
48 Posts
It was surreal experience, bird escaped and came back. I am glad you have a very honest housesitter. I guess Cockatiels, especially handed tames cockatiels are very contented about life with human.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts