Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

8 weeks old now!

He is very much into trying new things. I got him a budgie honey stick to play with and he loves it. He also LOVES his veggies! He's doing so well.

I will get some decent photos of him later! I'm itching to get the camera out and take some good photos of him now that he's looking so grown up!

·
Premium Member
19,909 Posts
He's gorgeous!! :love:

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
He is so beautiful :love:

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn't get around to taking any with the canon lol. I was only home for 3 days and then back to work.
My husband and I are traffic controllers and there has been some major flooding in various towns in our state, and our boss gets a lot of emergency contracts. We've had to close roads due to flood waters and man them to make sure people don't try to drive through the water. The town we're working in is an hour and a half away from home and we're working 14 hour days. We worked 11 days straight before we got to come home for 3 days lol.
My neighbor is looking after the other birds (and my dogs) but I don't really trust anyone enough to feed Sam correctly so he comes away with me. At least i'm not missing him growing up like I would be if I had to leave him at home! I feel like i'm missing my puppy growing up lol.

He can't fly yet but I suspect he is getting very close. He is starting to refuse his breakfast formula after about 10cc's but will happily eat fruit, veggies and seeds all through the day. I left a plate of veggies in his cage this morning, went to run some errands and came back a few hours later to an almost empty plate. He's been thoroughly pigging out LOL but I love it!

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Sam, you handsome devil! You got your momma swooning all over ya! :D

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Awww! Take a look at that face! :D

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
He's such a cheeky little thing. He's learning some manners and starting to test his boundaries a little. Yesterday he bit my ear and my hand so I put him in his cage and put the day cover over (the day cover is a sheet I use that doesn't block out the light but makes it harder for the bird to see me) and ignored him. When I let him back out a short time later he was the perfect angel lol.

He doesn't bite aggressively, he's just learning how much pressure he can get away with (he holds on when he's stepping up/down and while i'm moving around with him on my shoulder), and he usually lets go when I tell him to stop, but he learned the hard way yesterday that ignoring me doesn't result in a pleasant experience. He's been great today.

We made some breakfast chop this morning

·
Registered
37 Posts
O Gosh! He is sooo cute! I dont think Id be able to teach him manners-not when he looks at you with this pretty little face! By the way- I could have a bit of this chop myself-Yummy yummy !!! X x Teresa

·
Premium Member
6,217 Posts
WOW! He's soooo handsome!! My baby conure learnt some manners too. If he tries to go for my glasses or necklace, I get firm with him. He doesn't do it too much anymore, but every now and then he's cheeky and still will reach for them.

Are you happy with him? He's a gorge guy

1 - 16 of 16 Posts