Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a while back there has been this thing going about maybe moving.. and now it seems to be a reality... sad part is I can´t take the birds...:(

can´t "ship" them... so I ´m gonna have to rehome them..... one option and the best is if my parents would keep them until I come back, but seeing I might not come back, they won´t be too thrilled as they really don´t like them... my other option is take them to the breeder I got them from...and the third is find them another home...

I´m sad because they are my birds, I´ve had them for almost 2-2.5 yrs... they have spent on them time, money, effort, care... I´ve provided the best I could I even got their food shipped as you cannot get it where I live.... and now this... I´m sad but I really can´t to anything... unless not move :p...

somehow I wish some of you guys lived closer to me...

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
How far is your move? why can't you ship them? Are you moving out of the country? Is it a quaranteen issue? I would hate that!

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no birds are allowed to fly to were I´m going...:( ... and driving there is not an option, way too far for me to drive onmy own.. :(

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
I moved from Nevada to Washington on my own with a 12 foot trailer an iguana and two 'tiels. I think I stopped two or three times to get a room. You can find pety friendly motels everywhere. I made a similar trip with my Dad, a dog and a two cats about a year ago. I stopped 4 times.

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
We are moving soon as well, the only problem being.. there's not many places here that allows pets as they think they 'destroy' homes, some won't even allow birds which is pretty pathetic.

I was going to say, leave them with your parents and if you aren't coming back, then give them to the breeder, or have them re-homed. If only you could take them with you, it's so upsetting having to re-home animals because you can't take them with you. :(

·
Registered
917 Posts
I feel for you, I'm moving next year and I can't take my beloved rats with me. My parents are caring for them during school, but they don't live very long and I'll miss a lot of time with them. I might be able to take Harley, most agents seem okay with birds. My SO wants us to get a new bird entirely, though, that isn't bonded to just me.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
here there are almost non pet friendly places... unless you own them.. adn where I´m headed we´d be renting.. :( ... I do hope to come back.. so I´ll try my parents... although they don´t like them at all.. :( .... but I´ll try my best... my last resource is the breeder and then rehoming

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
If your parents don't like them, then I wouldn't force them to have the birds. They would be far better off going back to the breeder or being rehomed with somebody that really wants them. It would be awful for your parents to have them to look after when they don't really want them.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Theres no way I could do that I would not go if I couldn't take my birds. There is no way they are my adopted kids that are short and have feathers their a little pigeon toed and they don't always speak clearly and they throw their food but their my kids and I'm okay with that. I couldn't give them up it would be like giveing up my family. I'm so glad I'm at a age now where that never has to be an option for me. I worked very hard when I was young and I own my home its payed for and we have all we need. I 'm only 52 so I think I'll be around for quite awhile yet and when I go my 2 larger birds if their still here will go to my daughters who adore them . I'm so sorry about the options your facing if you lived closer I would keep them for you until you could have them again.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thank you guys.. it´s really hard for me... I wish I had a better choice... if I didn´t had to I wouldn´t.. :( ...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts