Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As of yet to be named, my birdie came home today! unexpectedly early, as the cage wasn't supposed to arrive until next week, but it somehow still managed to get out here this week despite the winter storm.

I spent the last few hrs building, disinfecting and decorating the cage. Birdie sat in his travel cage watching the process. :)

(s)he is already playing with toys and exploring, even though (s)he went into the cage only 10 minutes ago.

I need help with a name guys! :D I will be taking him/her to an avian vet soon and will have him/her DNA tested then too. I have more perches and toys ordered, however all that stuff won't arrive until next week because well... Birdie wasn't supposed to be here until next week!

I am over the moon :D :D

·
Registered
34 Posts
Bird and Cage are both beautiful. I like the name Willow. Since you do not know the sex that one would fit both.

Maybe wait and see what kind of personality he/she has and then pick a name.

That toy is a hit, where did you get it?

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
I, too, like the name Willow :) I also like Ash, Sienna, Sepia and if you like something a bit weird, Dogwood or Spruce.

I name my birds weird things, so maybe I shouldn't give name suggestions.... LMAO!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bird and Cage are both beautiful. I like the name Willow. Since you do not know the sex that one would fit both.

Maybe wait and see what kind of personality he/she has and then pick a name.

That toy is a hit, where did you get it?
Got it on amazon!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001OE71K8?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s01

Or same toy from Foster&smith:
http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=5059+5648+5752+19256&pcatid=19256

I have the large one :) And I LOVE the name Willow. You are good....Will brainstorm a little more but I like that one a lot!

·
Registered
885 Posts
I really like the name Willow too, and it just looks good on your new baby!! Choosing a name can be the hardest lol.

Congrats on getting everything so soon!! I LOVE when that happens lmao!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Birdie definitely looks like (s)he would have a softer name because of the white coloring, I like Willow as well, or perhaps Sierra (or Sienna as vampiric suggested, but going with Sierra would insinuate a girl).

I must say, Schubert has that same toy and he LOVES it. He has bars along the bottom of his cage separating his newspaper from him, so I've been taking one ball off the leather at a time and he throws it around the bottom of his cage. His has one last chain and four balls left! I warn you, though, the red dye comes off easily.... and it can be shocking if your bird's been chewing on a red piece for a while. You worry what he's murdered with a beak so red!!!

·
Registered
786 Posts
Beautiful, beautiful tiel!

·
Registered
878 Posts
Beautiful tiel! :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well looks like it might be a male - the store told me they heard him whistle but I wasn't so sure - but he just whistled up a storm! Unless I'm one of the lucky one with a whistling female. Either way, I'm happy!

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Birdie is beautiful :love:
What a nice cage too!
I actually like the name Birdie. I think it's cute, maybe not too original, but cute.

·
Registered
34 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thanks

Birdie definitely looks like (s)he would have a softer name because of the white coloring, I like Willow as well, or perhaps Sierra (or Sienna as vampiric suggested, but going with Sierra would insinuate a girl).

I must say, Schubert has that same toy and he LOVES it. He has bars along the bottom of his cage separating his newspaper from him, so I've been taking one ball off the leather at a time and he throws it around the bottom of his cage. His has one last chain and four balls left! I warn you, though, the red dye comes off easily.... and it can be shocking if your bird's been chewing on a red piece for a while. You worry what he's murdered with a beak so red!!!
Oh goodness. Thanks for the heads up!

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
Beautiful 'tiel!! :love:

Your cage is very nice, too! :thumbu:

·
Registered
183 Posts
The set up cage is cool!
I don't have any name to offer, but I like willow as some said :). I think it's good for boy or girl.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So I'm going to assume it's a guy, he whistled for like 5mins straight earlier today and a little bit yesterday! He knows the wolf whistle, haha.

He seems to be getting used to everything, he's been asking for attention a few times now. This was me whistling to him and he seemed to dig it. Of course as soon as I grabbed the camera he stopped but I got a small bit of it on video :) (sorry for my crappy whistling lol!) I'm in love guys!

https://youtu.be/ZsNuVjMovdo

1 - 17 of 17 Posts