Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found some of the pics I've made of them; I will upload more when I can :)

Rurik in his old cage, where he had that cute awning to sleep when he was alone:

Katya, just arrived:

Entertain me.

Very intersting... now the scritches.

Katya enjoying a sunflower seed:

I hope you enjoyed it :)

Rara avis.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

I'm trying to make them more pics; but when they see me with the camera, Rurik flies away and Katya tries to eat it :wacko:...

Rara avis.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts

I'm trying to make them more pics; but when they see me with the camera, Rurik flies away and Katya tries to eat it :wacko:...

Rara avis.
LOL! I used to have a cockatiel, about 15 years ago, who would chew mercilessly on the lens cap to my digital camera. It was a hoot :)

As for the pictures of the fids - cuuuuute babies! They're such boogers :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

I hope that soon or later, both will be capable of be photographed without so much show :rolleyes:

Regards.

P.D.: You will have to explain me that of "boogers", I passed it by the Google Translator and isn't precisely cool :confused:...

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
P.D.: You will have to explain me that of "boogers", I passed it by the Google Translator and isn't precisely cool :confused:...
Yes, boogers is a rather gross thing, but I use it to tease my birds :) I call my Conure my 'booger bird' because he is green, like a booger, LOL.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No comments :huh:...

***ACTUALIZATION POST***

Yesterday, Rurik took a mist bath, I could make him some photos while he was preening himself in my shoulder:

After that, he went to a higher perch to rest (or at least, to try it with all those paparazzis around :rolleyes:):

Hope you enjoyed it :)

Regards.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks; I was a little busy this days but I hope to put something new soon...

Regards.

P.S.: I have no new birds :huh:

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Yes, boogers is a rather gross thing, but I use it to tease my birds :) I call my Conure my 'booger bird' because he is green, like a booger, LOL.
I call my boy "little bugger", which is perfectly fine in Australia, actually a term of endearment with a bit of naughtiness in it. But in America for example it is not a term of endearment at all. Once I found a thread where somebody (I think au pair) in the USA called the children "little buggers" and the parents were not happy at all!

Nice new pics, rara avis. :)

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
I call my boy "little bugger", which is perfectly fine in Australia, actually a term of endearment with a bit of naughtiness in it. But in America for example it is not a term of endearment at all. Once I found a thread where somebody (I think au pair) in the USA called the children "little buggers" and the parents were not happy at all!

Nice new pics, rara avis. :)
Yes...when I use booger, it's a term of endearment :) And Bugger has similar connotations here in Canada as it does in the USA.

Rara Avis - love the new pictures!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts