Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed today that my tiel's poop is quite runny. Is he getting sick? It seems to have started today. He is behaving as usual, eating well, drinking his water etc but I've read over and over that birds are good at hiding their illnesses. If anyone has any info, very much appreciated.

· Registered
5,947 Posts
Have you given him anything different lately? sometimes certain veggies can cause runny poop temporarily, stress can also cause runny poops, its hard to say if he is actually getting sick I would keep a close eye on him and if it continues I would consult a vet.

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He never touches other foods that aren't his seeds. He gets scared of any other food (ie fruits or letuce...I even tried sprinkling millets on the fruits but he still doesn't even come near) Now that you mentioned stress....I think that might be it. We recently got a new kitten and he might be scared of it.

If it is stress...how can I help him be less stressed out?

· Registered
5,947 Posts
I would just keep him in a warm quiet place, maybe with the kitten out of his view for a few day and see how it goes, the runny poop could just be temporary, if it continues after a few days or you notice any other changes then he could be hiding some illness, I had my mothers cat awhile back for a few days while she was away and the birds immediately knew there was an intruder in the house...lol there backs went right up anytime the cat was near them,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.