Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Echos been having really sticky runny poo the last few days, sometimes it also sticks to the feathers around his vent. He's his chirpy annoying self and he's active and flying as usual and his mood is normal, he slashes now and then when we do something he inexplicably doesn't like then he asks for headrubs in the next second.

He gets seven layer salad every day as well a teaspoon of beak appetit, and two teaspoons of seed in the afternoon as well as tropmix in his cage at all times and fresh water. I did change to a new flavour of beak appetit just before his poos went strange, could that be it?

His poos aren't always runny, it's just they've been runny rather a lot in the last few days though he's done normal poos inbetween.

So cause to worry or is he just unused to the new beak appetit?

·
Registered
670 Posts
umm i don't know if he seems ok in him self, but then the pooh could be a warning sign for something? like before he shows poorly symptoms, i not sure myself may get him checked

·
Queen of the Pieds
2,706 Posts
again im no expert but id say something in the new beak appetit is reacting with him and giving him diarrhea.....thats my two cents anyway...check and see what others say before you listen to me :p once or twice before i've been wrong

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
The change could be it. any change in his diet may cause a reaction like that. You might try giving him the seven layer salad every other day though. Thats an awful lot of greens for a bird that in nature would predominately eat seed.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He barely eats it so I'm not too worried he's picks out the corn and peas but thats about it, hopefully one day he'll work out it's all edible. Most people seem to offer it every day, the website the recipe came from said to, he gets a couple of teaspoons of it and eats only a few bites.

Hmmm I guess it is the beak that's doing it, oh well hopefully he'll get used to it soon.

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
I like to switch it up. One day I give veggies (brocolli, carrot, pea pods and spinach) the next day I give them beans and rice.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I might change to that when he starts actually eating veggies, but since all he does at the moment is pick a few pices out and won't touch anything green I'll keep offering every day.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts