Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,909 Posts
Rules for Reputation System

1. Reputation points can be given or taken away by members, but should be used sparingly. Only give points for things that were helpful or useful, this is not a like button and will not be used as such.
-misuse of the reputation system will result in your pos/neg points getting removed. The first time you will get a verbal warning. The second time will result in an official warning. Third time will result in an infraction.
-when giving negative reputation, you must comment as to why you gave it. negative reputation without comments will be removed.
2. The more Karma points you have, the more points someone receives (i.e. I have 12 karma points, so when I give a reputation like I give ten reputation points.)

3. Do not use the Karma system to bribe someone…that will result in the points being removed and the offending party getting an infraction.

4. You can view who gave you a reputation point by going to your user cp and looking under “Latest reputation received.

5. If you feel that you are being harassed, please contact the one of the staff. The situation will be looked into and handled accordingly.

LET’S ENJOY THIS NEW SYSTEM AND TRY TO USE IT PROPERLY SO WE CAN KEEP IT!!

·
Premium Member
19,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just wanted to remind everyone...please put an explanation for why you are giving someone reputation points. Otherwise I have to delete them and I feel really bad about doing so. If you forgot or hit a wrong button before putting a reputation, let me know and I can fix it for you. Thank you for your cooperation.

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Pardon my ignorance but what, exactly, is the point of requiring an explanation for positive reputation points? Like...isn't it pretty self explanatory that one would be giving positive points to a member who did a good thing? I'm not sure how it would be detrimental to have unexplained positive points being given...

Requiring an explanation just seems to defeat the purpose of having this feature. :confused: If it requires an explanation and it's not visible by anyone else, then what advantage does it have over just, you know, posting your thoughts?

·
Premium Member
19,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I posted it in the announcement thread for the reputation system and no one complained at that point. :confused: You CAN see what other people have said (in your user cp you can see it) and I figured it would be nice to be able to see HOW you helped people.

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
I mean, yeah, it would be nice but taking it away if people don't explain just seems silly.

Oh no, someone gave me a compliment and I don't know why, get it away from me! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
I posted it in the announcement thread for the reputation system and no one complained at that point. :confused: You CAN see what other people have said (in your user cp you can see it) and I figured it would be nice to be able to see HOW you helped people.
Ah ok. I had missed it so when I read it I had no idea what you were talking about. :)
I'll have a look at the thread now. Thanks :)

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
i think it's great we have a feature to actually say why we appreciate a comment! it's also a good way to make sure that the reputation system isn't misused like the thanks system was. this way people have to state a reason for liking or disliking. and i personally think it's nice to know why someone liked your post.
and regardless of whether we like it or not, it's the rules so we have to stick to them ;)

·
Registered
13,610 Posts
it's explained so it doesnt get misused like the "thanks" button was, since people didnt get the clear meaning of that and abused that one... thats a whole other can of worms. i'd think the staff are trying to make a better system and are actually explaining it so it doesnt happen again like the "thanks" button ended up...

not quite sure why there has to be a fight over every little change the staff does, enigma? this is what a lot of members were asking for, and the staff are giving it the chance to be used properly and fairly so that the members here can have such a feature again, without it going badly like the last time. i see no reason to complain or question it... unless you are just being plain old picky ;)

·
Registered
760 Posts
Thank you for the new system and the explanation. I wasn't here for the old system, sorry it didn't work out. I'm glad the forums allow for discussion - I know I don't always understand everything right out of the gate, and by reading the thread, asking questions etc. helps for better understanding on my part.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
I can see the comment the person said "thanks for the useful advice" etc and the thread its on but it would be nice to see who gave me the karma so I know who I helped with that what advice. Some threads its obvious but some its not.
I would also like to thank them for it on their profile comment thing for the karma

Otherwise its okay

·
Registered
312 Posts
I'm sorry but i'm sure you can only add reputation to a post once a day or per user a day; forgot which.

So, it seems pointless moderating reputation, I dont know of any other forums that take such a draconian approach, though on the whole this is a welcome addition in my books.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts