Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got my Cockatiel from a local pet store and I’m slightly concerned about the appearance of her feathers. They don’t appear to have that smooth look and are ruffled all over. I have seen her preening herself so I don’t think it’s lack of preening. I wanted to reach out and see if anyone else has ever seen anything like this or know what it may be from.
Bird Beak Feather Wing Nail
Bird Beak Safety glove Feather Nail
Bird Hand Picture frame Beak Gesture

·
Registered
13 Posts
Your baby looks young. Are you certain it's a year old? I'm hansfeeding babies whose feathering loiks similar. they are learning to preen amd are finishing up getting their feathers in. Looks young, if not, go to the vet for a check.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I recently got my Cockatiel from a local pet store and I’m slightly concerned about the appearance of her feathers. They don’t appear to have that smooth look and are ruffled all over. I have seen her preening herself so I don’t think it’s lack of preening. I wanted to reach out and see if anyone else has ever seen anything like this or know what it may be from. View attachment 95413 View attachment 95414 View attachment 95415
Tiels can get this way when they lack human company and get depressed. Give him a healthy diet and lots of interaction. See the difference in a few months. Happy bird with beautiful plumage……

1 - 6 of 6 Posts