Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

The pet store where I have been getting Sunny's mixed seeds for years just closed down. This means I have to turn to another store for seeds. For years, Sunny has been eating the Hagen Gourmet Seed Mix for Cockatiels. I am unable to find this same brand elsewhere (for the time being). She is running out of seeds so I need to buy some soon.

At the nearest Pet Valu (don't know if it exists in the States too?), they have 2 brands that look good: 1) Royal Cuisine Cockatiel Mix and 2) Health Diet Cockatiel Mix (can choose with or without sunflower seeds).

Has anyone tried either one of these brands? Can you tell me which one you think is good?

Your comments are appreciated in helping me make a decision. Thank you!!! :D

·
Registered
786 Posts
I am not familiar with either brand. I do what someone else on this forum does- I get a good parakeet mix and add some buckwheat, hemp seed, safflower seeds and sunflower seeds to it. Milo loves it and eats every bit of it, so there is virtually no waste at all. I order all of it online. Healthy Select for parakeets is the base seed. You may or may not have that brand there. You can also try to pick the one that is closest to your current mix's ingredients. Good luck :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts