Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont know if any of you know but last week Cracker bit Rocko in the stomach and plucked some feathers there it wasnt bleeding or anything but Cracker is here now so is Wasabi and I noticed Rocko was bleeding and theres a small hole and I think it was because of the harness rubbing off it because he was out flying today.

·
Premium Member
19,909 Posts
Whoever Cracker is, it sounds like you should keep him away from Rocko.

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Whoever Cracker is, it sounds like you should keep him away from Rocko.
Yep I kept Rocko away from her Cracker is a fiery shouldered conure shes afraid of Rio so wouldnt come near the bird group Loki Rocko Wasabi and Rio was on top of Tiko's cage.I got a picture but all you can see is dried blood but if you look at it in person theres a tiny hole in his stomach.If I bring him to the vet to get it seen do you think theres much they can do or will it just heal if I dont use the harness for a while.What about Aloe vera gel taken out from the leaf.

·
Premium Member
19,909 Posts
The aloe vera may help...honestly if it's not infected there wont be much they can do besides clean it up a bit.

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
I wouldn't put aloe on it unless it's large or looks inflamed. Getting wet things on their feathers is more likely to make them pick at the area, in my experience.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts