Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if anyone has noticed my absence from the forums but I haven't been around for a couple weeks.

It saddens me to say that Fossil is no longer with us. :(

I had Fossil out of her cage in the living room and I was in the bathroom. My brother-in-law's dog, a jack russell terrier, opened the door, came inside the house and attacked poor Fossil.
I know I shouldn't have left Fossil alone but I was just going to the bathroom and it never crossed my mind that the dog could open a door by himself and yes the door had been securely shut but not locked. There was no one else around so the dog had to have opened the door himself.

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
I actually have been wondering where you have been. But this explains it.. I am sorry you have returned with bad news, and I am so sorry for the loss of your very beloved Fossil.

I recently lost my Bourke’s Parakeet to one of my cats, I still have a lot of trouble grasping the fact that she is gone.

So sorry again.

·
Registered
13,610 Posts
i am so sorry to hear this :( this is not your fault, you cant have predicted that. she lived a good life with you. she was loved. im sorry she had to go like that. :(

rest in peace fossil. we are here to talk if you need us :)

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Oh no, that's awful :( So sorry for your loss :(

·
Premium Member
19,909 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss Flick. RIP Fossil.:angel:

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you everyone for the support.
I feel like I am in some sort of shock. I walk by her cage, with all of her toys and even seed bowl set up and it's just devastating. I haven't brought myself to remove her things from her cage like it would mean she's "really" gone. And all of her food and treats are still in the fridge... I wasn't prepared to lose her in such a way.
My bf is going to clean the cage and toss the seed on his next days off because I just turn into an emotional mess.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
I'm so sorry Flick. *hug* It's probably a good idea you get your boyfriend to clean the cage for you. Accidents happen so don't feel it's your fault. So horrible to hear this.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm new here but just wanted to say how sorry I am. It's heartbreaking to lose a beloved pet. Fly happily at Rainbow Bridge Fossil :angel:

·
Registered
46 Posts
I am so so sorry. I lost a lovebird this way, but the lovebird actually broke out of her own cage. There is no way of knowing these things will happen and little we can do to prevent them. Please know it's very likely she did not suffer.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts