Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Flynn passed away today, after taking him to the vets yesterday for treatment for diarrhoea & a swollen vent. He had been put on antibiotics, and I had hoped that they would help.

But sadly not to be. He was only about 16 months old :grey tiel:

He is a picture of his as a baby, last year:

And here is a photo of him playing with his Christmas toys!

I'm really concerned about his cage mate Spike, I hope he doesn't start to go downhill due to the loss of his buddy.

I must admit I've had a terrible past couple of months, first of all losing my father suddenly (he was only 67 years old), and now this.

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
I'm so sorry for both of your losses :( may your dad and Flynn both rest in peace. *hugs*

·
Premium Member
19,909 Posts
I'm so so sorry for you loss. :angel:

·
Registered
878 Posts
So sorry about your dad and Flynn :(

·
Registered
141 Posts
Sorry to hear about both of your losses. Why not get another bird as soon as possible to take your mind off your sorrow. Looking after another young bird could help. It won't remove the sorrow but could ease the pain.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the replies. I'm unsure whether to get another bird, as there is a risk that the new bird & Spike may not get on together, so I'd need to keep them separate. Plus there is the issue that the pet shop I got Spike & Flynn from has closed down, so would need to find somewhere else.

But Spike does look quite lonely at the moment. :-(

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Flynn

Brian, I am so sorry to hear of Flynn's death. As hard as we try sometimes, they just can't make it. (I love his Christmas toy" :) ) I am sure he knew he was loved! Peace to you.

·
Registered
183 Posts
So sorry for your loss... A big hug for you!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts