Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to post a general reminder to everyone...when you are typing up your new threads, regardless of what they are about, please post a clear title that is understandable. Posting threads with titles like "Please help" is unacceptable and against the forum rules. You will be asked to change your title and if it isn't done, we will change it for you. Continuing to post titles like this will result in further action being taken.

Posting proper titles in actually in your favor as a member because it lets other members know what you're posting about, whether its diet or health or what have you. Half the time, if a thread is only titled "please help" that's the last thread I look at because there are other threads with better titles that I know what the OP is looking for and I can help immediately. A please help titles tells me nothing. And it makes it hard for other members to know what you want. A lot of newer members wont even look in threads titled that because they may not feel they'll be able to offer any advice. So please make it easier on yourself and others and post proper, clear titles. Thank you for your cooperation!!

Forum rules:http://www.talkcockatiels.com/showthread.php?t=1

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Thank you :) I totally understand where your coming from.
Even with me, when I see the title "please help ASAP" I come to mind and say "I know nothing about health issues" and I just skip it
Thank you for bringing this up

edit:How do you change titles? I thought only mods and admins can

·
Premium Member
19,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can edit the first post and I think that will allow you to edit the thread title. If not, then ask one of the staff to do it for you! That's what we're here for! :)

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
I agree. Thank you for writing this, hopefully the members who are doing it will see this post and not do it again! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts