Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I have a new baby cockatiel, 5 weeks old. (he or she ) I’m taking him to see vet for wellness check also finding out why is he has red nostrils and dry sneeze once in a while? However a few time he had clear fluid came out. He seems to be happy, and healthy. He is eating well and playing.Everyday I take him out so he can sunbathe.
btw depending on the light his nostrils can be whitish, or pinkish.

Any suggestions?
Also, what to ask The Vet when I take him there?

* I also had some bad experiences with vets for my cats overcharged for unnecessary meds and tests. Yet they didn’t solve the problems but b12 did. Happened a few times so at this point I’m very skeptical about vet visits.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, daytontiel! I found him on Association of avian vet. Dvm vet. Yet I’m still skeptical.
today he sneezed a few times and clear fluid came out more than it used to. It kinda made me worried.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Sneeze can be infection or allergy or just dust in environment. Cockatiel is very sensitive to smoke/smell and dust. As your's 5 weeks old, about feather growing time, will produce lots of dust. You have to make sure his/her bedding is being cleaned daily.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts