Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, first time starting a thread here, so I apologize if I posted incorrectly.

My little girl, Josephine, is almost 10 months old. She was taken to the vet when I got her and was deemed healthy.

On Friday I noticed she had a small bump on her eye, like a stye. No other symptoms. She did close it a little, then soon after had a white thing on her eye like when you get "sleep" junk in your eye. A little bit later it aS gone, and later after that her eye bump was gone. Any ideas?

This evening (Monday), her poo looked reddish, almost rust colored, and I'm not sure why. She's had egg and corn, pellets, seeds, and oat groats. Last night she tried to get the grout on our floor, but I don't think she ate any. Our other little bird Rochester does the same thing and his poo looks normal and greenish. He's been sneezing lately, but he's molting and I think that's causing the sneezes. (He's about 6 months old.)

Am I being paranoid, or should I take Josephine to the vet?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hi EowyntheFair,
It would be better if you take Your birdie to Vet to get assured that he is fine. Also keep a watch on all the poops.
Also, do you have any Red Color toys with which Josephine plays or any food that he ate is red in color?

Cutie had red POOP once when he was playing with red color toys so.. next day it became normal..

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
She seems normal now. She has a red ball thing but she's had it for a while. She ate corn that morning, so maybe that was it? Some of her pellets are red, but they eat the same thing and Rochester was normal.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Normal

She seems normal now. She has a red ball thing but she's had it for a while. She ate corn that morning, so maybe that was it? Some of her pellets are red, but they eat the same thing and Rochester was normal.:grey tiel::wf cinnamon::ylw lovie:

·
Premium Member
19,909 Posts
Corn won't make the poop red, but the pellets might do it. If she eats more of the red ones than your other tiel that would definitely cause it.

·
Registered
878 Posts
... but the pellets might do it.
I was briefly alarmed a couple of months ago when Percy's poop became a rusty to red color but it was just caused by certain red pellets that he was picking out of the usual mix he gets. When I took out the red pellets the poop returned to normal.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That must have been it, because she has been fine, and I haven't given them colored pellets lately, just the more natural ones from Tropican.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts