Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a seven weeks old cocketiel his name is hiccups. His nose is red right now sometimes it goes back to its normal colour but then goes back to red. He's been very active he sneezed like once today and no change in behavior. Is he okay? And should i take him to the vet??

·
Registered
10,863 Posts
One sneeze isn't a problem, it usually means that he got a bit of dust in his nose. I don't know if the red nose is a problem or not. It's not a problem if it gets red when he's a bit overheated because he's been flying or doing some other vigorous activity, that's just like our skin getting red when we're hot. If it's getting red for no apparent reason then you might want to get it checked out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a seven weeks old cocketiel his name is hiccups. His nose is red right now sometimes it goes back to its normal colour but then goes back to red. He's been very active he sneezed like once today and no change in behavior. Is he okay? And should i take him to the vet??
One sneeze isn't a problem, it usually means that he got a bit of dust in his nose. I don't know if the red nose is a problem or not. It's not a problem if it gets red when he's a bit overheated because he's been flying or doing some other vigorous activity, that's just like our skin getting red when we're hot. If it's getting red for no apparent reason then you might want to get it checked out.
Oh thank

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh thank you for the help his nose gets a bit pinkish red when he flies,usually his feets also feel a bit warmer than normal and also its really hot here and theres so much humidity i think this has to do with his nose. Thanks for the help

1 - 4 of 4 Posts