Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a 4 month old Cockatiel. I know he/she is a white faced pied. However I noticed Sunday he/she has red/ruby eyes. The light reflected his/her eyes just right to catch my attention. I brought him home on Saturday. Is it cinnamon? Silver? Or something else? All I know about the parents is the hen is a White faced and cock is a pied. Any ideas?

Attachments

· Registered
Whiteface Pied, Pearl Pied, Cinnamon
41 Posts
Strange, I have a male Whiteface Pied that looks like yours, a bit more dark grey though, but mine has brown eyes.
And I think s/he might be girl seeing how her/his wing feathers are more brown-grey than blue-grey. I can't be sure though, because Pieds are known to be really hard to tell between the two.

· Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's 4 months old and hasn't went through It's first molt yet. It's hard to get 100% accurate picture because the lighting plays a significant role in his/her color. He/she is grey with a dusty brown tint in certain light. His eyes are what makes me think cinnamon or something. I will be getting him/her dna tested. Below is the same cockatiel with my kitchen lighting.

Attachments

· Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't know. All I know is the mother is a white face and father is a pied. The whole clutch looked cinnamon to me. One was a white faced pied ( mine), one was a pearl (looked cinnamon), and one was a pied (looked cinnamon).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts