Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
really sorry for asking dumb questions jojo seem to have a cold

i am just so worried i don't my little jojo to get ill,

i have noticed that jojo keeps sneezing ? is this normal ? he also seems to be making a sqweeking noise Evey now an then, i spend a lot of evening with him and have never herd this.

can anyone help if not its off to the vet, i will get dad to drive me

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Some sneezing is normal, and when you think about how much dust tiels have it's not surprising that they need to sneeze to clear their noses. Is there discharge coming from her nostrils when she sneezes?

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its seems fairly clear all tho it was a bit red earlier, i thought it was just due to her being happy as her feet a get warm when they are happy, i will have a good look in the morning see if i can get pictures,

i know she sneezes but this seems to be often, she has sneezed a fair few times tonight, her nostrils seem clear but not completely, i read on a web page the it could be sinus ?

i know i worry a lot maybe over the smallest thing but my pets mean so much to me ,

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
im not dimissing what your saying, and you probably right, i just worrie probably a bit too much, i am like it with my daughter
thanks for replying tho i did get her a new honey seed stick could it just be bits of seed from that

if i do take her what do i transport her in ? i only have a parrot sized cage,

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
If you can fit the cage in the car use that with a blanket thrown over the top to keep her calm. Otherwise you could use a shoebox with holes punched in the lid. A cage is nicer though. :)

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
my dad has a soft top lol won jo fly out the minute the lid is off? mind you strange surroundings he should fly to me ?

he has stopped sneezing this morning i don't know about his nose tho its a bit red not very red, and one side look a bit darker than the other, just wondered if it would be an idea to let the vet see, he is eating drinking singing wolf whistling lol :D maybe just like us he was having a sneezing day ?

if i take a pic of his nose can you let me know if it looks normal ?

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Yes, put a photo up if you want to, then we can have a look, but like Bea said, if you are really worried take him to the vets and put your mind at ease. I know with my two, they sneeze quite a bit, especially when they are preening (so do I then, LOL) their nostrils go red as well. Maybe, just keep an eye on him and see how it goes. You KNOW your own bird though, you will know if it's vet time or not. I'm impressed with you though, when you look back on your first posts how nervous you were around Jo Jo, you've come on in leaps and bounds. Once you realised that things take time and you just can't rush a tiel, then it all slotted into place, well done. Now, you know your bird so well that you have picked up on the sneezing and red nostrils, that's good that you can notice the smallest change from the usual, that means that should anything be seriously wrong, Jo Jo will be whisked off to the vet in good time. I am a great believer in "better safe than sorry" a few times I have rushed off to the vet, only to be told there is nothing wrong, but at least it puts my mind at ease.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thank you :love: she has been preening more, she does seem better now her nose is still a bit red, but she doesnt look ill

now anyone got any tips to take pictures of a bird who dosent keep still lol

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Get your camera lined up ready, focus on Jo Jo, then make an unusual noise....not too loud, but click your tongue or something like that, just for a second Jo Jo will stop and look, that's your chance to click.........good luck. I know with my two, I only get one or two chances at that because then they think "Oh, it's that noise again!" and don't bother looking. LOL.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.